With spring break around the corner and summer closing in its trail, Counseling in Schools is reflecting on our community successes. With the promising results of the Rand report as our motivator, we’re taking our time to review how far our SMART Goals have brought us.
Today’s spotlight is on The Bronx Mathematics Preparatory School, where our counselors have been making significant strides since our partnership began in 2015.
- During the 2016-2017 school year, the school saw an 7.5% increase in reading proficiency in our young scholars, and a 4% increase in math proficiency.
- During the 2017-2018 school year, math proficiency increased another 5%, and reading .5%.
- During the 2018-2019 school year our students achieved a 4% increase in reading proficiency and an 8.5% increase in math proficiency.
- Overall from 2015 to the 2019-2020 school year, Bronx Math has seen a 12% increase in school-wide reading proficiency, and a 17.5% increase in school-wide math proficiency.
- During the 2020-2021 school year, we will continue to work towards our goals of 100% graduation rates, increased attendance, increased family and community engagement, and thriving communities. As we’ve seen in Bronx Math, our continued efforts to address the systemic issues that interfere with our scholars’ ability to engage with their education have proven successful over the past years. We are eager to create sustainable change that supports our scholars as they create the future for us all.