Last Modified: April, 2021
Welcome to this website (the “Website”), which is operated by Counseling in Schools (“Counseling in Schools,” “we,” or “us”).
1 – What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect information to improve our services and your experience on the Website. We collect the following types of information:
- Information that you give to us. We collect and store any information that you enter on the Website or that you otherwise give to us. For instance, you provide us with information if you are an employee or if you are a person, parent or student who signs up for our services, registers on the Website, completes a questions/comments form, searches for a Program, adds a Program review, responds to social media inquiries, provides information by phone, or sends e-mail to us. As a result of these activities, you might supply us with such information as your name, age, address, phone numbers, e-mail address, credit card and other financial information, passwords and password hints, educational history and information, special requests, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of third parties. You can choose not to provide certain data, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features and services.
2 – Comments and User Content
Certain features on the Website may allow you to submit content that is designed to be visible to other users, such as comments, recommendations, reviews, and ratings. Any information that you disclose in these submissions becomes public, along with your screen name or ID, any image or photo, or other information that you have made available. The Website may also allow you to submit geolocation data that may be associated with your content (both within Counseling in Schools and publicly on the Website). Most mobile devices and browsers provide users with the ability to disable location services. Please contact your mobile service carrier or device manufacturer for that information.
- Analytics. We may enter into contracts with third-party service providers to collect non-personally identifiable data on behalf of Counseling in Schools and provide us with information, reports, and analysis about the usage, general location information, and browsing patterns of users of the Website.
4 – How Do We Use The Information That We Collect?
- To provide you with services and to communicate with you. Our primary goal in collecting information is to improve your experience on our Website. We use your information to customize certain features of the Website, for instance, to tailor your experience to the type of device you are using to access the Website. We may use your history, for instance, to recommend certain content to you.
We also use the information that we collect to provide you with the services that you’ve requested, such as allowing you to access or submit content and to fulfill any orders for products.
We also use your personal information to contact and communicate with you. For instance, we use your information to provide you with legal notices or to advise you of any changes to the Website or to our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may also use information about you and your activities on the Website to send you offers, promotions, and information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can adjust your communication preferences by contacting Counseling in Schools via e-mail at email@example.com.
- To provide you with relevant advertising. We may display offers from our partners or advertisements to you. We use the information that we collect from you to allow advertising to be targeted to the relevant audience. For instance, we may use demographic and preference information that you provide to deliver targeted advertising. This allows users to see the advertising that is most likely to interest them and allows our advertisers to provide their content to people who are most likely to be receptive. If we disclose information to third-party advertisers, it is only in aggregate or de-identified form.
We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 – Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect this information for the purposes described in the section titled “How We Use Your Information”. The lawful basis for which we process your information is your consent. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information, we may be unable to perform the contract. Processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest.
6 – How Do We Share Information That We Receive?
Counseling in Schools is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. We share the information that you provide only with our affiliated entities, to vendors that provide services under contracts with us (such as hosting companies and list managers), to fulfill your orders, to provide you with services you’ve requested, or for the specific purposes set forth below.
Please note that it may be necessary to disclose your personal information and your opt-out preference to third parties to allow them to remove or suppress your name from future solicitations.
In addition, we may use or share your personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers. We have contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf, such as credit-card and payment processing, shipping, e-mail distribution, list processing, analytics, and promotions. We provide these service providers with only the information that they need to perform their services, and we have written agreements that prohibit them from using this information in any other way or sharing or reselling the information.
International Transfers (Canada based users)
If you are based in Canada, we will need to transfer your personal information to the USA for the purposes listed in this policy. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal information.
7 – For How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law, and where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please contact us.
8 – How Do We Communicate With You?
Counseling in Schools does not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address for commercial purposes without your permission. If you believe that you have received an e-mail from us in error, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we establish a newsletter and you sign up to receive it, we will send it to the e-mail address that you provide. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can use the “unsubscribe” feature in each such email or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time we may send you e-mail about products and services that we think may be interesting to you. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can use the “unsubscribe” feature in each such email or send us an email at email@example.com.
We may occasionally send you an e-mail inviting you to provide a product review, feedback or participate in a survey. This feedback allows us to improve our Website. Unless otherwise stated in the invitation, any information you provide will not be shared with third parties except in aggregate form.
You can choose to receive e-mail in either plain text or in HTML format. When we send you e-mail in HTML format, we may include a web beacon or pixel so that we can determine whether you have opened the e-mail. We will share this information only in aggregate form.
If you contact us by e-mail, we will use your e-mail address to respond to you. Please exercise caution in disclosing personal information, as email sent over the internet is not necessarily secure.
Our Website may offer a “send this by email” feature that allows you to inform a friend about a product we offer. We may save the e-mail addresses that you provide, for your future convenience, but we do not use them for any other purpose.
9 – Links to Other Websites
10 – How Do We Protect Your Information?
Counseling in Schools has implemented commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative controls and procedures to protect the information that we collect. Unfortunately, no method of storage or transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure, and so we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
11 – How Do You Review Or Change Your Personal Information?
If you would like to review or update the personal information that you have provided to us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail, and we’ll provide you with a summary of that information. This provision does not apply to information that we collect automatically from your device or browser, as described in Section 1, above.
12 – How Do We Respond To “Do Not Track?”
13 – How Do We Protect Children’s Privacy?
Counseling in Schools does not offer services or sell products for purchase by children (anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. The Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are under the age of 13, you may not sign up for any content which requires payment except with the permission or involvement of your parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
If you are based in the European Union or the UK, the above provisions relating to children’s privacy generally apply to children under the age of 16, but this may vary across different member states.
15 – Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information, if any, for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information or opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling in Schools,
505 Eighth Avenue Suite 12A-06,
New York, NY 10018
Dated: April 14, 2021